Resource Oversight & Guidance Services, Inc. provides fundamental financial educational assistance and other useful resources in a number of formats to suit the needs of every individual seeking help. We:
Meet regularly with individuals to provide complimentary one on one financial assistance including:
- Explaining Social Security, SSI and other payments
- Establishing a budget, discussing it with the individual, and involving him or her as much as possible in financial decisions;
- Helping find other benefits and services they may need such as supplemental nutrition assistance, housing subsidies, etc.;
- Helping obtain medical treatment and mental health assistance when needed;
- Helping with Medicare, Medicaid and prescription drug expenses;
- Helping fill out applications for needed services;
- Negotiating with landlords and others to get the best possible deals;
- Helping file income tax returns;
- Making social security and other recipients aware of large retroactive payments;
- Discussing ways that our agency, as well as other organizations and social service agencies, can help individuals live better and fuller lives;
- Directing or referring to other organizations and social service agencies that are outside of the financial arena that can provide needed help.
- Put on free money management seminars, both in-house and at off-site locations. We cover a range of topics that cover everyday living for children through adults.
Provide basic financial education and financial education materials to financially undereducated and/or financially challenged individuals. This education is provided via one on one meetings, seminars, and online. Examples of current materials used are:
- CheckWise©: a comprehensive guide to managing a checkbook, starting with the basics of selecting a financial institution to learning how to reconcile an account;
- Credit When Credit Is Due©: a complete twelve-lesson course in both book and online form in which individuals can learn how to manage their personal finances from their own home or through free seminars. The course covers important financial lessons and includes worksheets and forms;
- Money in Motion©: a short financial education course designed to provide simple yet practical advice on how to master basic financial skills;
- Money Smart: An FDIC produced comprehensive financial education curriculum designed to help individuals outside the financial mainstream enhance their financial skills and create positive banking relationships by helping build financial knowledge, develop financial confidence, and use banking services effectively.
- Please Contact Us for times and dates for seminars in your area or for how to obtain educational materials.